IX Renewables is looking for an Offshore Wind Risk manager. It is a full-time senior position on offshore wind farm projects for a manager who is highly familiar with the world of wind energy and would like to further develop in the international activities of IX Renewables.
IX Renewables is an umbrella organization for IX Wind, IX Zon and IX Solar. IX Wind branch of IX Renewables consults parties in the field of wind energy. It focuses on the cutting edge of technical, financial and legal aspects and operating both in the Netherlands and internationally.
Our new Offshore Wind Risk manager will be part of a Dutch company that is growing globally. With a flat hierarchy and development opportunities for all our employees, and value the balance between work and life.
Like the rest of our team, you should be dedicated to renewable energy and enjoy working in a dynamic, international team. As a person, you have a structured, analytical, and critical approach to your work. You are self-driven, easy-going, and enjoy interacting with a wide variety of stakeholders at all levels.
The Position and responsibilities
You will be responsible for identifying, managing, as well as mitigating risk and implementing standardized processes.
• Create project risk strategies;
• Preparing and implementing a risk management plan as well as driving risk management in compliance with project policies;
• Manage the processes of risk management: planning and identifying risks, performing qualitative as well as quantitative analyses, planning risk responses, monitoring and controlling risks;
• Prepare risk reports and analyses to support management in decision making;
• Set up and maintain a project risk register as well as response plan templates and other documentation, together with the engineering and management team;
• Train risk owners in risk management and proactively work in the project teams to develop risk mitigation actions, aiming to reduce project risk exposure
• Identify best practices and contributing to the continuous improvement of processes, tools, and templates;
• Undertake risk modelling to provide CAPEX, OPEX, regulatory and lifetime structures as well as price structures;
• Communicate the risk strategy within the project.
We appreciate the right combination of personal as well as professional qualifications and would prefer the right candidate to bring the following skillsets to our team:
• 10+ years of work experience with big and complex projects preferably in oil & gas, energy or offshore (wind);
• Bachelor’s, Master’s or another relevant degree, providing a strong foundation in Statistics or Decision Theory;
• Competencies equivalent to PMI-RMP (Risk Management Professional), experience with Monte Carlo simulations;
• Ability and interest to deep-dive into complex analytical issues; mastery of MS Office tools (e.g., Excel) to support these analytics is required;
• Excellent coordination and cooperation skills; a team player who is willing and able to work with others to solve problems and share knowledge;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, Chinese is an advantage;
• Willingness to travel/ temporarily relocate to Taiwan.
What you may expect from us
• An energetic and informal work environment
• An excellent base in terms of network and content you can build on
• Process based and substantive guidance in your development
• Market-based salary
• Good bonus arrangements based on the predetermined personal targets
• Flexibility and dynamics