IX Renewables is looking for an Wind Turbine Engineer. It is a full-time position on wind farm projects for an engineer who is highly familiar with the world of wind energy and would like to further develop in the international activities of IX Renewables.
IX Renewables is an umbrella organization for IX Wind, IX Zon and IX Solar. IX Wind branch of IX Renewables consults parties in the field of wind energy. It focuses on the cutting edge of technical, financial and legal aspects and operating both in the Netherlands and internationally.
Our new Wind Turbine Engineer will be part of a Dutch company that is growing globally. With a flat hierarchy and development opportunities for all our employees, and value the balance between work and life.
Like the rest of our team, you should be dedicated to renewable energy and enjoy working in a dynamic, international team. As a person, you have a structured, analytical, and critical approach to your work. You are self-driven, easy-going, and enjoy interacting with a wide variety of stakeholders at all levels.
The Position and Responsibilities
• Ensure the turbine supplier delivers a WTG that satisfies the project technical requirements and is in compliance with the Turbine Supply Agreement;
• Represent the Project in front of the WTG supplier in any technical discussions;
• Review and approve all related design modifications;
• Advise WTG Quality Manager and WTG Design Manager on the impact of technical risks and propose mitigation strategies;
• Develop or assist in a quality assurance system including procedures and technical requirements for turbine acceptance (e.g. Electrical checklists) and assist in the revision of quality documentation during the manufacturing and installation phases;
• Monitor WTG design modifications proposals, and prepare reports assessing its suitability for the project;
• Evaluate technical compliance at different quality gates (manufacturing, pre-assembly, installation and acceptance) of the project;
• Inspect the commissioning of mechanical and electrical aspects of the plant;
• Perform turbine site suitability analysis and evaluate site suitability assessment;
• Contribute to wind turbine technology assessments, review, report writing, and client communication as part of technical due diligence for project financing, mergers & acquisitions, owner purchases, and other business needs;
• Remain current on new wind turbine technology, learn about latest technical details on new products and updates/revisions to existing products;
• Perform field and factory inspections of wind turbines and components as part of construction monitoring, operational projects assessments, manufacturing quality inspections, and potentially failure investigations;
• Review projects’ O&M budgets and provide O&M costs projections, including evaluation of expected major component failure rates;
• Prepare detailed reports, memos, technical notes, and email correspondence to communicate clearly with accuracy and technical rigor;
• Complete company required documentation in a timely manner such as Job Safety Analysis, Risk Assessments, time sheets, expense reports, inspection check sheets, tracking reports and scheduling controls.
We appreciate the right combination of personal as well as professional qualifications and would prefer the right candidate to bring the following skillsets to our team:
• Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering;
• 5+ years of wind industry experience (WTG’s, offshore wind preferable);
• Fluent in MS Office systems and other project management software;
• Working knowledge of industry standards and offshore regulations;
• Proven technical engineer with extensive experience in operating and maintaining Wind Turbine Generators;
• Deep understanding of Wind Turbine Generator components, configurations, controls and operation;
• Understanding of reliability principles and experience successfully applying those principals to improve Wind Turbine reliability;
• Ability to work with complex technical, operational, compliance, and safety-related technical issues and ensure that sites are running safety and efficiently;
• Ability to work with diverse teams in both office and field operation environments;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, Chinese is an advantage;
• Willingness to travel/ temporarily relocate to Taiwan.
What you may expect from us
• An energetic and informal work environment
• An excellent base in terms of network and content you can build on
• Process based and substantive guidance in your development
• Market-based salary
• Good bonus arrangements based on the predetermined personal targets
• Flexibility and dynamics